What is Quark?
Quark is a fresh, delicious, spreadable German-style cheese. We describe quark as a cross between sour cream and cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Quark is lightly salted and very versatile! You can add quark to a creamy soup, spread it on a bagel, add it to your scrambled eggs or quiche, use it as a vegetable dip, or top your baked potato just to name a few!
Sweet & Savory
Here at Marcoot Jersey Creamery, we make three varieties of quark cheese: Plain, Garlic Herb, and Strawberry varieties. The plain and garlic herb varieties are savory and the strawberry is sweet!
Quark is also used in many dessert recipes! From pumpkin rolls to brownies, strawberry quark wantons to fudge! Speaking of fudge, our mom makes some amazing homemade fudge using our Quark! It’s so good we have two fudge boxes available: Chocolate Fudge Gift Set and the Quark Fudge Variety Gift Set.
Here are some of our favorite Quark recipes:
Strawberry Quark Wonton Bake
1 (16-ounce) package of wonton wrappers
1 cup Strawberry Quark
2 Tbsp. sugar
½ whipping cream
Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cooking spray to coat a mini muffin pan.
- Cut wontons into quarters
- Place the wontons in the muffin pan to make small cups. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the wonton cups are golden brown. Watch closely so the wrappers do not burn. Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Gently mix in Strawberry Quark. Fill the wonton cups with the mixture.
- Add fresh strawberries for garnish
Easy Scrambled Eggs with Quark
2 Tbsp milk
2 tbsp of Quark (garlic herb or plain)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients together with a whisk
- Pour into a heated skillet with a little butter
- Stir the eggs occasionally
- Serve with your favorite piece of toast or bagel.
Bacon Quiche Tarts
5 slices bacon
½ cup Marcoot Creamery’s Heritage cheese, shredded
1 (8 oz) pkg Quark
2 TBSP milk
2 TBSP chopped green onion
1 (10 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease the muffin tin.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp and evenly brown. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in Heritage and green onion. Set aside.
- Separate the dough into 10 biscuits. Press into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup, forming ¼ inch rims. Sprinkle half of the bacon onto the bottoms of the dough—spoon 2 TBPS of Quark mixture on top.
- Place in oven and bake 20-25 min or until filling is set and rims of the tarts are golden brown. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with the remaining bacon. Remove from pan and serve warm.
Bruschetta with Quark
Bruschetta is a summer favorite! With very simple ingredients!
Our favorite balsamic vinegar and olive oil from Scout and Cellar is the perfect summer treat.
Here is the recipe for bruschetta with Quark:
1 loaf of french baguette.- sliced
1- 8oz package of Plain or Garlic Quark
Basil leaves (chopped)
Balsamic vinegar and Oil
- Slice the baguette into crostini pieces. Lightly spread olive oil to the pieces. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove when toasted. Let cool.
- Cut the tomatoes and basil leaves. Add to a bowl.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the tomato and basil mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix lightly.
- Spread the Garlic Herb or Plain Quark on each crostini then add the bruschetta mixture!
We dare you to just have one! 🙂
Veggie Pizza By Chef Aubrey
A few years ago we asked a few kiddos if they had any recipes to share with us! Here is Chef Aubrey’s video . Below is her recipe! Thanks, Chef Aubrey!
This is a fun and healthy way to make a pizza!
1 package (8oz) Quark
Dry Ranch seasoning (add according to your preference!)
1 can of Refrigerated biscuits
Your favorite veggies
1) Remove the biscuits from the container. Watch for the pop! Spray the cookie sheet so the biscuits don’t stick to the pan. Then flatten out the biscuits for the pizza crust! Bake the pizza crust according to the directions.
2) Take the Quark and mix in the dry ranch seasoning. Mix well! Use a spoon to spread the Ranch Quark on the pizza crust.
3) Now it’s the fun part! Add your favorite veggies!
4) All you need to do is enjoy!
These a just a few recipes we have for our Quark! Some other ideas include Strawberry Quark and Granola, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Spinach Casserole, and Cheesy Potatoes!
Corporate Gifting with Artisan Cheese
This holiday season, show your appreciation to clients, customers, partners, and employees with the exquisite gift of gourmet delights from Marcoot Jersey Creamery.
Our dedicated gifting specialists are ready to collaborate with you, ensuring a tailored selection of artisan goods that fits seamlessly within any budget. We also offer exclusive volume discounts on larger orders.
Shop Small This Holiday Season
With a legacy dating back over two centuries, the Marcoot family's passion for dairy farming has culminated in a distinguished reputation for producing the highest-quality artisan and farmstead cheeses.
Our dedication to sustainable practices, personalized service, and a wide range of delectable dairy products has made Marcoot Jersey Creamery a cherished destination for foodies.